Contact person for this position:
The Company Projects has over 18 years’ Retail experience working across numerous regions of the world; designing, sourcing, and managing bespoke display projects and fixture rollouts from concept sketch through to direct delivery.
As part of our ongoing growth the company is looking for a Trainee Buyer to become a key contributor to and beneficiary of the Company’s on-going success.
- The Trainee Buyer will train alongside experienced buyers and will be a key facilitator of relevant key projects, as part of the company’s busy procurement function following design conception through to completion and delivery of the tangible ‘product’ to the client.
- Liaising closely with Sales, Design and where necessary, the Customer, to ensure the satisfactory completion of projects on time, within budget and to the Company’s quality standards
- Handling new enquiries, selecting appropriate suppliers, negotiating optimum prices and lead-times.
- Facilitating out-sourced projects including prototyping, production, and logistics. Planning work throughput, responding to and controlling change to ensure appropriate prioritisation of tasks.
- Maintaining financial control of all projects within the field of responsibility and interfacing with the Company’s financial reporting system.
- Ensuring appropriate quality assurance is maintained at all stages of the supply chain. Planning and arranging on-site supervision of work in progress, where necessary.
- Working with the Project Buyers and Project Managers, for new supplier selection, development, and performance initiatives on a world-wide basis.
- Providing research intelligence to Designers and Sales staff on the external processes and services we procure, in terms of availability and prevailing commercial influencers.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience or internship within the buying/supply function of a medium tech’ manufacturing industry would be preferred.
- BCom degree preferably in purchasing or supply chain management.
- Some experience of handling both domestic and over-seas suppliers. Some experience in the Far Eastern supply market would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Export / Import documentation and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail with excellent IT skills (particularly a good grasp of Excel and Office applications)
- Resilient, ambitious and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working in an environment where process and design changes happen frequently and need to be adaptable.
- Basic CTC salary at entry level with growth as experience gained.
|Job Category||Procurement, Retail|
|Salary||Basic CTC salary at entry level with growth as experience gained.|
|Contract Type||Full Time|