Contact person for this position:
Company based in Midrand is looking for a Senior Java Developer to provide IT expertise and advice in the design, creation, testing and documentation of new and enhanced applications and to produce logical and technical specifications from functional specifications and to write the code for medium to large applications.
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments.
- Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
- Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities, and identify Information Technology innovative solutions in a timely manner.
- Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology team members.
- REST and/or SOAP web services
- SQL (Oracle, Postgres)
- Linux System Administration
- Networking (Basics)
- Web Security
- Strong Debugging Skills
- Test Driven Development
- System Design experience advantageous
- Minimum: B.Eng., BSC Eng, BSC Informatics, BCom or related degree.
- 5 years’ experience in programming.
- Java certification advantageous
R 40 000 – R 55 000
|Job Category||IT and Telecommunications|
|Salary||R40 000 - R55 000|
|Contract Type||Full Time|