Contact person for this position:
The Company is a Retail and Distribution organisation that offers customers great service, exceptional products and good value for money. The position available is as a Retail Shop Manager in our Rustenburg branch opening soon. The Retail Shop Manager will be responsible for all the operational aspects relating to the shop, as well as to empower and lead the team of employees to reach and exceed business objectives.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Shop Manager in a retail environment.
- A relevant degree
- A resilient individual with excellent interpersonal and clear communication skills
- Customer oriented, assertive with problem-solving skills
- Result driven, innovative with good decision-making skills
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel) Level 2
People Management Skills
- Plan annual and interim labour requirements according to specific volumes and retail requirements.
- Ensure all staff and support people are well-versed in local hygiene requirements and explain to them the importance of why and how quality standards are to be assured
- Equip staff with the required tests and equipment to assure product standards are upheld.
- Ensure staff is well versed in the requirements relating to stock rotation and shelf displays.
- Identify staff development needs and develop them accordingly
- Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback and coaching as required
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers so that they feel they receive good value at all times
- Proactively identify and resolve obstacles to customer service delivery in a timeous manner, implementing contingency plans when required
- To ensure Policies and Procedures are followed, and amended to support an ever-changing environment
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure stock is received correctly
- Oversee receiving area for stock counts, expiry dates and condition of stock.
- Manage and control floats
- Oversee cashiers
- Cash-up documentation management
- Petty cash
- Damages to be minimised and stock losses to be less than 0,3% of turnover
- Daily stock rotation
- Daily stock counts, as per schedule, from Stock Office must be correctly counted and reported.
- Short dated stock to be reported daily
- Open and close shop
- Ensure that the alarms, cameras and all security systems are in working order, maintained and tested regularly
- Ensure shop locks, roller doors and any other equipment are maintained.
- Manage the outsourced security guards to ensure adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- General security awareness and accountability as senior on site
- Weekly duty rosters
- Weekly time sheet approvals and submissions
- Manage overtime
- Manage labour cost according to budget
Hygiene, Food and Safety and Risk
- Manage and ensure adherence to all Health and Safety Procedures
- Manage and ensure adherence to all Food safety procedures
- Work closely with Risk Department on audits, corrective measures and preventative actions to be implemented.
- Ensure correct freezer temperatures
- General Maintenance
- General day to day duties and ad hoc projects
- Record and report key performance indicators on a weekly and monthly basis
|Job Category||FMCG, Retail Trade|
|Contract Type||Full Time|