Contact person for this position:
JOB SUMMARY AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Regional Sales Consultant is responsible for conducting all sales, marketing, customer liaison and related activities within the Employer for the allocated territory and customer base. This function includes but is not limited to the following:
- Regular sales visits to all customers and prospective customers and marketing the Employer’s products and services during such visits.
- Attend to all administrative tasks relating to the sales function including the accurate management and upkeep of the sales database and provision of regular sales / service visit and call reports.
- Maintain and increase order intake and spares sales.
- Accurate capturing of orders.
- Ensure accurate control of documentation.
- Ensure adherence to the Employer’s credit and sales policies.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet the Employer’s standards.
- Identify and resolve customer concerns/problems.
- The preparation of comprehensive sales quotations for customers.
- Ensure maximum stock availability through liaison with the other operational departments of the Employer.
- Provide support to the service department as and when required.
- Participate in local, regional, or national trade shows as required.
- Monitor competitors by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, and merchandising techniques.
- Maintain product and technical knowledge.
- Bloemfontein initially, with a later relocation to a more central location in the relevant sales territory and such other locations or destinations as determined by the Employer from time to time.
Reports to: Sales Manager.
SKILLS & REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Negotiating and selling skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literate in Widows, MS Office as well as any other software owned or used by the Employer.
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Customer focused.
- Action orientated.
- Ability to set and achieve targets.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all operational levels of the Employer as well as with suppliers and customers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for products and customers.
- Flexibility to manage more than one task at any given time.
- Highly motivated.
- Willingness to travel if necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- In depth knowledge of the poultry and piggery industry and markets.
- Matric Certificate and a National Diploma or bachelor’s degree in marketing or Business Management and/or relevant qualification.
- Relevant experience with, and in-depth technical knowledge of Skov, CODAF and/or any other products supplied to customers by the Employer.
- Relevant experience in customer relations.
- Relevant experience in sales and marketing.
- Financially literate and astute.
Company phone and laptop for the employee (with account paid by company)
Salary R 18 000 – R 22 000 Basic + com
|Salary||R 18 000 - R 22 000|
|Contract Type||Full Time|