Our client in the Meat Industry requires the services of a point of sales person on a short-term project basis to assist them with a pilot project. The project involves the operating of a mobile shop and the incumbent will sell food related products to the public from their premises in City Deep Johannesburg. Applicants are invited to apply should they be interested and meet the minimum requirements as set out below.
The position requires an individual that can sell products and serve the public whilst attending to all relevant aspects associated with such a mobile business. This will typically include the checking of stock levels per category, ordering of stock, selling products and handling of cash/credit card sales, cashing up and closing off daily sales, printing of relevant reports and providing feedback as to customer preferences in terms of stock purchases. Typical feedback required involves the size of packaging, the type of product mix preferred, methods of payment offered by clients, ease pot operation of the mobile unit, relaying of customer suggestions etc.
This ideal person is seen as someone who has worked as a point of sales operator and who has dealt with stock control and money. The person must be analytical, observant, proactive, responsible, honest, hardworking and accountable and have an exceptional way in dealing with customers.
- Selling products to the public from the mobile unit.
- Receiving and managing stock.
- Packing and storing of stock.
- Assisting customers.
- Teller and cashing up duties.
- Weekly stock takes.
- Reporting activities and requirements to Field Operator.
Minimum Requirements and Abilities:
- Grade 12.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient administration skills.
- Ability to handle and count money.
- Able to handle and carry semi heavy objects (20kg).
- Able to plan daily activities in the required time frame.
- Loyal and hard working.
- Previous teller experience will be beneficial.
- Sound and proven track record.
|Job Category||FMCG, Sales and Marketing|
|Salary||R4 500 – R6 500|
|Location||City Deep (Johannesburg)|
|Contract Type||Full Time|