A Johannesburg based Software House, developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software is currently looking for C#, ASP.NET/MVC developers that will be a good culture fit and focus on areas like Enterprise, Web, Mobile, Thick Client, Web/REST Services, Relational Databases, Messaging Queues etc.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing of Web Portals/Website with strong focus on UI cosmetics
- Updating of existing Web Portals
- System design, development, maintenance and refactoring
- Development extends to Front-end, Middle Tier and Databases and includes Presentation Layer, Business Logic, Data, Services, Databases and Scripting.
- Maintenance, debugging and problem-solving of existing software products and / or custom client solutions.
- Review product requirements in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Unit testing / integration testing Features developed.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Setting up new infrastructure environment for products and / or customized client solutions.
- Maintenance and updates to the existing infrastructure environment for the products and / or customized client solutions.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required for the Job:
- Generalist, with a passion for, and proven track record in the following core competency areas:
- Front End, Middle Tier, and Database
- Technologies include but not limited to:
- NET web development with C# (incl. XML, CSS, AJAX, JScript, jQuery, WebAPI, MVC, HTML and HTML5)
- Exposure to data tier abstraction technologies e.g. .NET Entity Framework will be an advantage
- Databases – Relational Databases experience necessary (MSSQL)
- Operating System (O/S) – WINDOWS.
- Exposure to any of the popular Testing Tools preferable.
- Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job:
- Delivery focused – Be deadline driven and adheres to Sprint deadlines.
- Team Player – must be able to work as part of a team.
- Self-Starter – Be able to work independently and contribute effectively to the team.
- Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment
- Keen attention to detail.
Education and General Working Experience:
- Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Minimum requirement is Matric with at least 3+ years solid .Net on the job work related development experience. Remuneration package will be tailored according to relevant technical experience.
- Exposure to Jenkins continuous integration an advantage.
- Good Object orientation is a must.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential.
- Basic understanding of design patterns and their application.
· Integrations (socket, ISO, Web Services)
· Web Portals
· Mobile Applications
· Software Design
· Solution Design
|.NET Entity Framework
· Agile development
· Testing Tools
· Continuous Integration
Knowledge of the following:
- Visual studios, Java and any other dev platform a bonus
- SQL databases and T-SQL
- Management of huge transactions and data in code and SQL
- GitHub or any other source code management systems
- Knowledge of Telecommunication and banking systems a bonus
- RICA and starter packs
- Pinless airtime
- SMS Platforms
- Payment Platforms
- Reconciliation platforms
- Doing Integrations into various platforms
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD a bonus
nUnit or MSTEST
|Job Category||IT and Telecommunications|
|Salary||R25000 – R35000|
|Contract Type||Full Time|