Contact person for this position:
Our client is looking for the expertise of an IBM Mainframe DB2 DBA to join their team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage, monitor and support mainframe DB2 database objects and ensure their availability, performance, security, and consistency to support mission critical business applications.
- Create and maintain business database objects within an DB2 subsystem.
- Perform database tuning to ensure the DBMS functions at optimal levels.
- Schedule database maintenance tasks.
- Troubleshoot database and DBMS errors and provide solutions to support business when required.
- Provide input and implement operational and business strategies, industry best practices and ensure necessary ITO governance is in place.
- Perform database monitoring and notification to ensure optimal data access, to support business database applications in line with contractual agreements.
- Perform a database consultation role and provide design solutions to Business Development and Service Management to support initiatives when required for current and future projects.
- Be an integral part of the disaster recovery (DR) team which designs, performs and documents disaster recovery procedures.
- Service all incidents, changes and requests and ensure that SLAs are met.
- Enforce security standards to prevent data being compromised and to maintain database integrity.
- Provide managerial reports of database utility, capacity, and utilisation in order for them to make informed decisions.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers for incident handling.
- IT degree or equivalent Industry accreditation preferred
- 5 years IBM mainframe experience
- 10 years mainframe DB2 database management experience of which 2-4 years as a senior within a large complex corporate environment
- Understanding of IBM mainframe operating system concepts and experience in another mainframe discipline.
- Experience in participating in a DR exercise.
- Trouble shooting – Essential
- Database analysis and design – Essential
- Analytical thinking and problem solving – Essential
- Database Performance tuning – Essential
- Database security knowledge – Essential
- Backup and recovery strategy knowledge – Essential
- Disaster recovery knowledge – Essential
- Mainframe Operation systems knowledge – Essential
- Must have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Planning and organising.
- Adhering to Principles and Values.
- Adapting and Responding to Change.
- Following Instructions and Procedures.
Salary: To be discussed during interview processes
|To be discussed during interview processes