IT Business Development Manager is required for an Authorised distribution and reseller of selected IT performance monitoring and operations management products Company.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To market and sell the company’s solutions and services. Create need through direct selling, however, all deals are done through established resellers. Understand your customers fully, key decision makers, and understand the vertical in which they operate. Build a solid pipeline within these accounts and evangelise the company’s brand and products. Grow the market share in your customer base through planning and effective customer relationships.
- Grade 12
- University Degree (Preferable)
- Must have used a sales CRM / Qualification tool, i.e. Salesforce.com, etc.
- Have a reasonable technical grasp / understanding of the Enterprise market segment
- At least 7/8 years’ sales experience in a business development / solution sales role.
- Needs to be able to engage at a senior level within their customer set.
- Able to handle objections and evangelise the brand, the company and sell in a competitive market.
- Must have a set of recognised accounts that they are familiar with (have sold into before and know the various contacts in those accounts).
- Relevant experience in responding to large RFP’s / Tenders and driving the proposals.
- Correctly identify the customers’ needs
- Able to close business
- Able to Identify target markets
- Coordinate meetings with technical subject experts within the customer’s organization
- Build good relationships with customers and manage accounts, with the aim of growing the business, being the key support in the link between the company and the customer
- Able to present solutions to all levels using all resources available to them
- Preparation and submission of RFP’s / Proposal’s / Tenders ensuring accuracy of submission solution and pricing
- Providing regular updates to Sales Director and track wins and losses.
- Conduct loss reviews and consolidate findings
- Compile and submits weekly visitation plan and reviews of previous week.
- Continuous maintenance of Salesforce; update and maintain, records of all opportunities and customer visits
- Participate in company and group exhibitions, conferences and events
- Entertaining customers when required
- Sales principles
- Able to build and maintain strategic collaborative relationships with customers.
- Business Acumen (understand the economic environment & identify viable financial opportunities)
- Computer literate; -fully conversant in MS Office, Salesforce would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Analytical ability
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making
- Time management
|Job Category||IT and Telecommunications, Sales and Marketing|
|Salary||R50 000 + R60 000 + Com|
|Contract Type||Full Time|