· Grade 12 or equivalent.
· National Diploma / Degree in Human Resources
The human resources generalist should have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, good practices, labour and employment laws preferably on an international level. The role will be far from one-dimensional and he/she will undertake a wide range of HR tasks from hiring to onboarding, attend to all the administration of the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties such as, disciplinary procedures, organizing training, administer employee benefits and leave, drafting relevant HR policies, and ensure all employee records are up to date and kept confidential and much more.
He/she must be well-versed in each of the main HR functions such as recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, training and development, effective employee relations, performance management and ensure compliance to labour and employments laws according to the country. The goal is to ensure the HR operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the company globally. To develop and administer programs, procedures and guidelines to align with the strategic goals of the company.
CORE SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
· Solid oral and written communication skills
· Decision-making abilities based on analytical skills and thought processes
· Mediation skills
· Critical listening skills
· High level of emotional intelligence
· Very high level of confidentiality
· People management skills and be able to advise managers about staff issues
· Good MS Word and MS Excel skills
· Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
· Very good knowledge of employment and labour laws and be able to apply them accordingly
· Effectively communicate with all levels in the business.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
· Able to give attention to detail, be reliable and use initiative
· Excellent time management, prioritisation and organising skills with multitasking ability.
· Conflict resolution skills
· Aptitude in problem-solving
· Work well within a team as well as independently
· Administer, manage and file all HR documents such as maintaining employee files and records electronically and paper form
· Create job specifications for the recruitment and selection process
· Send job offer letters to new hires
· Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training and development initiatives
· Prepare employee contracts for new hires globally
· Compile job descriptions
· Prepare documents and attend to the full induction processes of new staff
· Provide support to employees and managers in various HR-related topics such as leave, compensation and to resolve any issues that may arise
· Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
· Undertake tasks around performance management, prepare and organize annual performance reviews and probation reviews
· Gather and analyse data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire, employee turnover rates and illness rates
· Assist in development and implementation of human resources policies
· Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and teamwork
· The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive
• Minimum of 5/6 years proven working experience as a human resources generalist preferably on an international level
• Experience in both local and/or international HR systems and databases will be advantageous
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Experience in HR administration/clerical duties.
• Experience in the hiring and induction processes.
• Experience or knowledge of SETA WSP and ATR submissions will be an advantage
|Physical, mental and emotional demands|
High level of emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills and maintain good relationships with all employees and managers while ensuring compliance to employment and labour laws
|Salary||R24,586 - R27,747|
|Contract Type||Full Time|