Contact person for this position:
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the Group’s financial and treasury systems and
practices, ensuring financial information and reporting is timely, accurate, complete and compliant
with relevant accounting and taxation principles, at an operating- and a consolidated level. It further
needs to implement and manage a framework that will strengthen the links between corporate
governance, compliance and management controls.
SUMMARY OF COMPETENCIES
- Tertiary Qualification in Finance. Chartered Accountant (SA) qualification
- SAICA membership mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at Senior Management level
- Experience in a JSE Listed organisation
- At least 5 years’ experience in Group financial consolidations
- At least 10 years’ experience in strategic planning, business management and corporate leadership.
- Dealing with stakeholders within a listed entity, investors, board, public – and private sectors
- Strategic Thinking (formulating concepts)
- Commercial Thinking
- Knowledge of good management practices, management financial accounting and reporting, legal consideration and responsibilities in regulatory issues and contract negotiations
- Business acumen
- Financial acumen
- Knowledge of IFRS and all relevant statutory requirements, regulations and standards is fundamental.
- Knowledge of corporate governance
- Knowledge on taxation
- Knowledge on financial- / banking systems
- Knowledge of IAR requirements
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Presenting and Communicating Problem-Solving
- Relating and Networking
ATTITUDE / BEHAVIOUR
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Adherence to Principles and Company Values
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- People Orientation
- Persuading and Influencing
- Results Orientation
- Achievement orientation
- Independent thought
- Participative leadership
- Produce and distribute monthly management reports to agreed time scales
- Produce detailed quarterly cash flow forecasts to form the basis for the working capital request
- Produce financial reports detailing actual expenditure against forecast to agreed timescales
- Produce required financial reports for members of the Executive Committee
- Produce annual financial reports and statements to agreed time scales to comply with the requirements of the South African legal and reporting framework.
- Develop annual budgets in collaboration with the CFO and functional heads and
- Lead on tax planning, including VAT related matters.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial management and accounting
- Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place and manage the audit process
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are produced on an accurate and timely basis to include bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors and inter-company account
- Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures and systems across all teams, and new IFRS requirements
- Lead the continual refinement of smarter information systems, provision of centralised information, increased financial and operational KPI information and trend analysis and benchmarking of Company performance against agreed measures.
- Develop and implement a programme of enhancing core business management processes including but not limited to:
- Meaningful business plans and annual resource allocation.
- Developing business acumen that enhances financial accountability at all levels.
- Providing financial reporting services that support Company operating companies in managing their financial outcomes.
- Providing technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Provide advice from a financial perspective on any contracts into which the Company operating companies may enter.
- Continual improvement to foreign exchange management.
- Streamlined compliance with all statutory and tax requirements.
- Proactively update the Company’s operating companies on issues impacting professional profitability and drive change if needed to ensure targets are met.
- Establish and maintain effective and consistent financial management systems, policies, standards and reporting requirements.
- Produce and analyse the required suite of financial reports and providing commentary on same, identifying and acting on key findings.
- Ensure that the Company’s operating companies maintain financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Maintain centralised information, increased financial and operational KPI information and trend analysis and benchmarking of Company performance against agreed measures.
- Ensure an operating model for financial shared services is developed and implemented across the group
RISK/COMPLIANCE AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls in line with applicable legislations and regulatory frameworks.
- Managing risk framework, including all aspects of legal compliance, and strategic and operational risk identification and monitoring.
- Ensuring that the Company and operating companies’ financial risk and exposure is prudently managed, including management of tax liabilities.
- Ensuring adequate insurance coverage is taken out; and management of all insurance claims.
FINANCIAL & BUSINESS SYSTEMS
- Review all formal Finance related procedures, process and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward
- Overall responsibility for the efficient and effective technology management and support of the business as it relates to the administrative and financial management of the business
STAKEHOLDER AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with Company stakeholders on financial matters
- Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with Company’s bankers and other funding organisations
- Participating in Company operating companies’ projects as required
Internal / External
- Company Executive Committee
- Operational Management
- Bankers / Financial Advisors
- Matrix reporting relationships with Finance staff within the respective businesses
- All team members within the respective businesses
- External Auditors
- Internal Auditors
- Regulatory Bodies
R 1.4 million – R 1.8 million CTC p/a negotiable
|Salary||R 1.4 million - R 1.8 million CTC p/a negotiable|
|Contract Type||Full Time|