Contact Person for this position:
Estimated Salary: Market related
An exciting opportunity exists within a funeral parlour for a seasoned supervisor. The Supervisor will be responsible for process improvement, operating procedures and the effective management of the operational activities. The successful candidate will report to the Funeral Director.
- Create and execute a long-, short- and medium-term operational plan for the organisation.
- Compile reports on the organisations performance at the required intervals reflecting all relevant statistics.
- Implement innovative ways to improve current business practices and processes.
- Develop policy and procedure to mitigate risk all risks
- Develop operations manual
- Create an effective and successful team through open discussion, coaching and mentoring.
- Compile and manage a capital and operational budget for the organisation
- Minimise wasteful expenditure
- Ensure effective and efficient operational systems, processes and policies are in place to improve operational efficiencies.
- Control Debtors – Action outstanding debtors according to the debtors age analysis and identify discrepancies in accordance with the credit policy.
- Investigate complaints and queries from clients and report to Funeral Director
- Expenditure and Asset Control – Approve expenses in accordance with the company procedures and the Limits of authority (list of people who have the authority to approve), within budget.
- Check daily deposits vs. the Organisation’s Net receipt report/Daily cash ups.
- Open and close office
- Manage all the operational Funeral Processes and Procedures – Manage removal of bodies as per company standards & procedures.
- Management the performing of Mortuary duties. Management of the arrangement and direction of funerals & cremations.
- Ensure that Vehicles are in Working Order & well maintained.
- Marketing of Products, Control the Marketing of Funeral Services and Clients – Compare sales documents with the removal orders, mortuary book, control file and other orders for the complete debiting of services/cash expenses in accordance with the price list.
- Control of Company Image – Identify aspects which could damage the organisation’s image.
- Be prepared to work over weekends – burials are mostly done on Saturdays
- Manage staff that are on call 24/7
Qualification and Skills Requirements for This Position
- Post matric qualification in Commerce, Finance or Business Administration
- Funeral Industry: high level understanding
- Financial Management
- Strong Supervisory / Operations Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Marketing and Sales
Desired Qualification Level
Experience And Knowledge Required for The Position
- Strong operations management background
- Proven record of financial management.
- Proven record of the development of policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (presentation skills, report writing, etc.).
- Management of large teams.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, working knowledge of project management software and general computer competencies.
Technical And Behavioural Competencies Required for The Position
- Strong Ethics
- Medium to High Emotional intelligence
- Fast Learner
- Highly organised and good time management skills (prioritisation).
- Be able to work independently and function at different levels.
- Excellent customer service management skills and ability to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life
- Excellent follow up and follow through skills.
- Analytical and numeracy skills.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Strong conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Conducts self and business in ethical manner in line with business policies and governance principles.
- Be prepared to work under pressure.
- ADHERENCE TO LEGISLATION – Ensure all staff adheres to Health and Safety legislation and policies and procedures.
- License/Certification: Driver’s license and Vehicle (Preferred)
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) management, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Language: English; Afrikaans and fluent in at least one African Language preferably Setswana/ Pedi
|Job Category||Insurance, Office Support|
|Contract Type||Full Time|