Contact person for this position:
A South African based company specializing in frozen food and meat commodity is looking for a South African who is currently based in Zambia. The candidate must have experience within the FMCG Industry. Experience in meat, poultry and frozen food commodity sales and distribution would be an advantage.
You will report to the Business Development and International Operations Director.
Job Summary: Responsible for sales and new business development in Zambia and surrounding regions.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Service the Zambian market and surrounding regions from a sales perspective – targeting Importers, Distributors, Wholesalers and Retailers etc.
- Focus on pre-determined and defined geographical areas of sales.
- Assist in setting sales goals and developing sales strategies.
- Research and identify prospective customers.
- Determine customer supply needs and offer our products on an ongoing basis.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationship building with customers.
- Cold Calling.
- Identify and recommend new business opportunities for the group.
- Maximise sales success through effective communication and a proactive approach to addressing potential issues and customer concerns before they arise.
- Share any necessary trade customer information that may be of interest to the management team.
- Lead and coordinate with related parties both internal and external to achieve the operational and sales objectives and targets.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and maintaining organisation standards.
- Successfully complete all tasks and instructions as communicated to you by Management within the deadlines provided.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours, which includes after hours networking and sales support.
- Be comfortable with working fully remotely (no local office base) while still meeting required KPIs and objectives.
- Willing to travel frequently – both planned trips as well as on short notice
- You are required to adopt this philosophy of the company in order to ensure sales growth.
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the employer from time to time.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to always comply with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To always ensure confidentiality, only releasing confidential information obtained during employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with company policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must currently reside in Zambia
- Must have existing industry and market experience.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in sales
- Sales experience in FMCG.
- Experience in meat, poultry and frozen food commodity sales and distribution is advantageous.
- Secondary education.
- Related tertiary qualification advantageous.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Experience on systems such as Pastel / Syspro advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite.
- Good communication in English
- Good command of local languages advantageous
- Contactable trade sales references and a proven track record.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work outside of a team environment.
- Disciplined & process-driven individual.
- Strong inter-personal relationship builder
- High attention to detail & accuracy
- Sound commercial acumen & understanding
- Ability to feel comfortable in a high intensity, KPI driven, sales environment.
- Effective customer care and communication skills for dealing with a wide range of differing customer personalities.
Salary: Market related
|Contract Type||Full Time|