Contact person for this position:
Our client in the Import and Export Industry is looking to employ a Cross Trades & Custom Controller to join their team.
Experience in the Food Industry will be a huge advantage.
You will report directly to the Operations Director and Freight Forwarding Manager.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Grade 12
- Relevant qualification advantageous
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite
- A minimum of one year’s experience with shipping documents
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a shipping environment
- Thorough understanding of the relevant laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, political processes and agency rules.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Adding new client orders to the Cross -Trade Report.
- Applying for import permits in line with order ready dates and issuing same to suppliers.
- Expediting, planning and booking of shipments with forwarding agents, shipping lines and suppliers in line with customer requirements.
- Issuing documentary instructions in line with customer requirements.
- Receiving, checking and verifying shipping documents against customer’s documentary requirements and approval thereof.
- Issuing of documents to clients and clearing agents.
- Tracking of shipments (maintain Cross Trade Report and Dashboard).
- Provide updated report to clients, clearing agents and employer.
- Liaise with client, agents and shipping lines on shipping, documentary and delivery issues.
- Maintain Syspro in line with process and transactional requirements
- Calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid
- Arrange for payment of taxes and duties
- Liaise with customers
- Enter details onto specialised customs software
- Allocate correct licence depending on type of goods being imported
- Deal with application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification
- Be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations. You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up to date with changes as they occur.
- Post bonds for the products being imported
- Prepare necessary import documentation
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine.
- All and any other related tasks and duties as expected from the Employer from time to time
|Salary||R20 000 - R25 000|
|Contract Type||Full Time|