Contact person for this position:
Write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the accounts and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually improve creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action.
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends.
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned products.
- Research and understand the customer needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings.
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials.
- Collaborate with a team of account managers and creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product.
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team,
- Revise copy based on internal feedback/direction.
- Any other functions as prescribed by Manager.
- Minimum 4-5 years
- Professional copywriting with solid portfolio of work
- Social media or content marketing
- Proofreading and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Content management systems – Must be able to cope in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times.
- School Matric
- Tertiary Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline Bilingual, English/African language
- Other – Portfolio of work – Computer savvy
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro – Advanced
- Ability to quickly learn how to use new systems and operate all windows standard applications.
- Research – Advanced – Fast paced changing environment
- Organizational skills – Advanced – Short turnaround times
- Communication, writing and speaking – Advanced – English & African language.
- Able to influence and motivate.
- Able to work in a team and independently.
- Shows initiative.
- Able to Multitask.
- Attentive to detail
- Able to Deal with pressure
What is physically required to perform the daily tasks and job duties?
- Valid RSA driver’s license.
- Able to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- High energy level
- Able to maintain regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
|Job Category||Design & Advertising, IT and Telecommunications|
|Salary||R 18 000 - R 22 000|
|Contract Type||Full Time|