Contact person for this position: Ronel Bakker
My client in the food service industry is looking for a Butchery Manager for their operation in Bloemfontein. The Butchery Manager responsibilities will include the day to day Operational Management of the in-store butchery and delicatessen, including selection, ordering, preparation, display, packaging and sale of meat to consumer and commercial customers.
Areas of responsibility:
- Estimate requirements and order meat supplies, negotiate with representatives from supply companies to determine order details.
- Receive, inspect, record and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality and safety
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye.
- In consultation with senior management from time to time as agreed and appropriate run special offers, customer loyalty schemes and similar.
- Inspect equipment regularly to ensure it is in good working order and safe to use
- Assistance on the shop floor and general running of the convenience store being a priority.
- Ensure accuracy of Wholesale orders to other branches
- Supervise other butchers or meat cutters and schedule work activities, rotation and holidays in consultation with management, ensuring butchery opening times are maintained and fully staffed.
- Offer on-the-job training and coaching to junior butchers.
- Motivate and develop your team including setting objectives & strategies.
- Plan annual and interim labour requirements according to specific volumes and retail requirements
- Equip staff with the required tests and equipment to assure product standards are upheld
- Ensure staff is well versed in the requirements relating to stock rotation and shelf displays
- Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback and coaching as required
- Ensure that Policies and Procedures are followed, and amended to support an ever-changing environment, train staff as required for new rollouts
- Ensure that correct processes are followed when dealing with IR issues
- Arrange any staff rotation between branches
- Management of casual staff
- Management of Over Time and Leave Provisioning
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers
- Assist and resolve customer queries
- Daily telephonic feedback meetings with the manager.
- Support department managers and co employees.
- Actively participate as a member of the team
- Performing any other task, not specified herein, which from time to time may be assigned by the manager.
Housekeeping and Safety Standards
- Ensure optimal management of Group compliance by adhering to acts, regulations, by laws, company systems, policies and procedures.
- Making continues improvements, maintaining high standards and making sure management information is accurate
- Acceptance of overall responsibility and accountability for the prevention of work-related injury, ill health, environmental protection, effectiveness of the management system, as well as provision of safe and healthy workplace and activities
- Ensure the OHS policy and OHS Objectives are established; that the OHS system is compatible with the strategic direction of the organisation; and to ensure achievement thereof via integration into other business processes
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal, policy and procedure requirements. (including, but not limited to health and safety meetings, ensuring timeous H&S training, safety file etc.)
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Resolve health and safety, legal and security issues.
- Quality and Food safety Standards are maintained and managed.
- Delegate duties in writing to subordinate managers to assist them with executing duties, without derogating accountability
- Ensure/ communicate knowledge of the importance of effective OHS management and of conforming to the OHS requirements
- Ensure all types of resources needed to establish, implement, maintain and improve the OHS management system are available
- Protect workers / whistle blowers from reprisal when reporting incidents, hazards, risks and opportunities
- Ensure the organisation establishes, implements and maintains processes for consultation, participation of workers; and to support the establishment and functioning of health and safety committee / representation
- Be aware of /conversant with potential liability, both criminal and civil, arising from OHS related legal contraventions
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Grade 12
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand Afrikaans & English
- Tertiary Qualification will be to the applicants Advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ Experience in Butchery and Production in a retail environment resilient individual with excellent interpersonal and clear communication skills
- Customer oriented, assertive with problem-solving skills
- Result driven, innovative with good decision-making skills
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Operational Agility
- Ensure Vision, Mission and Values underpin all activities
- Performance driven
- Organizing Skills
|Contract Type||Full Time|