Contact person for this position:
The Butchery Assistant Manager, will be responsible for day to day Operational Management of the in-store butchery and delicatessen, including selection, ordering, preparation, display, packaging, and sale of meat to consumer and commercial customers
Areas of Responsibility (Your duties will include but are not limited to:)
- Estimate requirements and order meat supplies, negotiate with representatives from supply companies to determine order details.
- Receive, inspect, record and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality and safety
- Wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers
- Supervise other butchers or meat cutters and schedule work activities, rotas and holidays in consultation with management, ensuring butchery opening times are maintained and fully staffed. Also offer on-the-job training and coaching to junior butchers and motivate and develop your team including setting objectives & strategies.
- Add up sales, and on occasion, collect money from customers.
- Ensure that all food hygiene and safety standards are met and keep up to date with industry standards
- In consultation with senior management from time to time as agreed and appropriate run special offers, customer loyalty schemes and similar.
- Inspect equipment regularly to ensure it is in good working order and safe to use
- Weekly meetings with the manager.
- Assistance on the shop floor and general running of the convenience store being a priority.
Knowledge, skills, and experience required
- Experience in Butchery and Production in a retail environment
- A resilient individual with excellent interpersonal and clear communication skills
- Customer oriented, assertive with problem-solving skills
- Result driven, innovative with good decision-making skills
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Excellent use and knowledge of English and/or Afrikaans
- Tertiary Qualification will be to the applicants Advantage
- Performance driven
- Organizing Skills
|Salary||R12 000 neg.|
|Contract Type||Full Time|